Monday 11 February 2013

A creative Monday!

Today my lovely and very talented friend Emma Bray came round to play with heat transfer stuff and talk textiles. She is a textiles artist and photographer amongst other things and makes beautiful inspiring work. Anyway here are some of the samples I made.

This blue one is on cotton. Even though the heat transfer paints are intended for synthetics, I find they work very well on cotton too, though perhaps not so vibrant.

This is also on cotton. I think I might stitch into this.

This is a bit messy and you can see the iron mark at the top! A flat bottomed iron is best if you have one.

I was inspired to create something, and so used the same papers and hydrangea petal on leather with mesh. I've pinned these onto soluble fabric and will stitch then on and embellish them. Ill show more stages if it gets further than this!

 

Bondaweb.... We also played with bondaweb and I stitched into a sample with painted bondaweb. (I used what was out on the table, heat transfer paint and a bit of velvet dye). I overlayed heat transferred crystal organza and fused it on with the iron and stitched over. It's a messy forest!

Just with painted bondaweb and some gold strands ironed onto cotton.

Stitched on painted tyvek.

Here's the tyvek after ironing under baking paper.

And here's it stitched into with the organza treetops.

I think though I preferred it right at the start! Next time I'd just fuse on circles of organza and stitch around them. I don't tend to do 'scenes' so its better off being random and abstract for me.


Xx

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment